Ahhh! Fat cats sugar is 37!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Elizabeth Lewis, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

He's acting normal, I was worried we were trending too far down when his +3 was 84, so I gave him a snack then, now his +5 is 37, he seems fine, but I fed him almost 3 ounces of wet food with a little sugar water on that, that I watched him lap up, also so high carb kibbles .... oh fatty, I never thought we would
    Make it to hypo :-/

2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

Give him some honey or syrup and call the vet! This is an emergency. As low as he is, a little food will not be enough. You need to get him to the vet ASAP. otherwise you could lose him. 37 is way too low. Have you read the sticky about how to treat hypos. Some cats don't show any symptoms to warn you how bad off he is. Please call your vet now or get him to an emergency vet.

3. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

We're up to 53 on a human meter ....

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  4. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

5. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

@Elizabeth Lewis Fat Cat is in the safe zone now with that 59 but make sure you keep testing to make sure he continues to surf safely. Maybe try to feed some more of the low carb food in an hour or so and also make sure to keep the high carb food ready in case he decides to drop low again.

Also dont forget tonight Fat Cat has earned a reduced dose.

By the way, what a cutie Fat Cat is :)

6. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Are we coming up to +6, Elizabeth? ...On Novalin he may not drop any more, unless the dose is way too high (which can shift the nadir).

Ideally, you want to see 3 rising numbers in succession and know that he's past the peak of the cycle.

If you can get another test in a little while to confirm the rise, that would be great.

Good catch, BTW! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Eliz

7. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

Fat cat is on prozinc now.... we are at +6, and I'm guessing his dose needs dropping, he confuses me, one week we're terribly high, the next we're hypo, this can't be good for him ... ugh. I wish there was a sliding scale for pre shoot numbers. How much should I decrease his dose by? :-/ I need to update his spreadsheet, I have everything written down.

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Elizabeth

Getting FC's spreadsheet up and filled in is very important. The dose he is at is obviously too high and with his numbers going from high to hypo there is a real need to do some dose adjusting before a very serious hypo happens. However without proper data no one can properly or safely offer advice on what would be the best approach. :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Ooooh, sorry, Elizabeth - missed that!

10. Elizabeth Lewis

Elizabeth Lewis Member

He's at 65 now, and having another snack

Sharon14 likes this.
  11. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

When I was using pro zinc I did use a sliding scale with dosing and it worked for us.
    That being said I am not experienced enough to suggest dosing I will leave that for the experts
    I love fat cat :rolleyes: (I still say big boned:smuggrin:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.