Ahoy the board!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BewBear, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BewBear

BewBear New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm here because yesterday my baby Maxwell was diagnosed with diabetes. Max is a 9 year old, neutered male, Bombay, obese, pain in the butt. And I say that with all the affection in the world. Maxwell came into my life when he was two days old and the shelter had called me to foster him and his 7 siblings because they had been found in a dumpster behind a Walmart. 8 weeks and 8,000 bottles later, his siblings had all been adopted, but he refused to be budged. He wedged himself into my life, and there he has stayed.

Max has two older cat siblings. A black, 11 year old female DSH named Mia, (Actually, its Amelia Mignionette Thermopolis Renaldi) and a little 10 year old tuxedo female name Toufie (Pantoufle, really).

I myself, am a student at a university here in California, and I have also been a Vet tech for about the last 10 years. I'm preparing to go to vet school, but right now I am just enjoying life, my fur babies and my 4 year old human larvae.

I will post more about Max's issues in a separate thread. But I wanted to make sure I stopped by and said "Hi!" and "Thanks for being here!"

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB, the best place you never wanted to be.
    There are 4 things you'll need to manage your kitty's diabetes:
    - You - without your commitment, the following won't work
    - Low carb over the counter canned or raw diet, such as Friskies pates
    - A long-lasting insulin such as ProZinc, Lantus, BCP PZI, or Levemir
    - And home blood glucose monitoring with an inexpensive human glucometer such as the WalMart Relio, Confirm or Target Up and Up (the pet ones will break your budget!)

3. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to you and Maxwell. My cat remi can also be a pain in the butt but I wouldn't have it any other way and have come to realized I have probably made him that way. :)

You will find lots of help and support here

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hi to sugardude Max and welcome to the FDMB. Want to introduce your mommabean/poppa bean to us? Like most new members, your caregiver remembered the most important part, the kitties names and CV. Hope you will share your first name with us and that of your "4 year old human larvae" too. ;)

I'm Deb, that tuxedo pictured is my sugardude Wink. You can check out his story and pics by clicking on Wink's Profile down at the bottom of my posts in what we call our "Signature". Hope you add some data to your signature to help us out.

P.S. Hope to see you over on the Feline Health (The Main Forum) with any questions you may have. This forum is for introductions and a little bit of socializing, but not really meant for questions and feedback from us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.