AKASHA IS OTJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by akashasmom, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akashasmom

akashasmom Member

Hey all- just thought I would let everyone know that Akasha is already in remission;-) She was just Dx in March, started insulin on April 1, 2013- and she is now OTJ!!!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way...I again wanted to thank everyone who helped us on Monday night during her hypo issue. You guys helped me save her life...I am forever grateful to you all...<3

2. Barb & Mr. Frog

Barb & Mr. Frog Member

Awesome!!! Congratulations, and may it stay that way for a very very long time! <3

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

We have specific criteria, so let me just check

1) no insulin needed for 14 days
    AND
    2) no glucose levels over 140

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

5. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

She's almost there, but :RAHCAT YAY party_cat for not needing to give shots anymore (hopefully forever)!

You did a fantastic job the other night, as well. \M/

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

yeh - not so fast jack rabbit! we use the rule of 14 days without insulin to say otj! - honestly - I think you are on the way and will be and I think she was probably transient or borderline diabetic to begin with.

but patience grasshopper - keep testing for 14 days and then we will celebrate with you - OK

7. Deb & Wink

And we give great parties to celebrate our kitties going OTJ.

8. akashasmom

akashasmom Member

Yes, I am still testing her- so since Monday no insulin. I will keep testing guys- Idk about the 14 day rule. So far, so good though. Akasha's bg has not went over 130 and that was at her vet day visit (curve). Since she came home, it has been between 65 and 90. So, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best!!! I will keep everyone updated- I have been working the last 2 days and haven't had a lot of time to get on the computer, BUT I promise I will keep testing her and keep everyone updated ;-) Oh... I forgot to mention that my vet is awesome btw- she did not charge me a cent for Akasha's curve visit- was free of charge and she was also pretty giddy right along with me. She truly is a wonderful vet and I wish there were more out there like her...I am happy I have her to care for my fur babies

9. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT Hi Melissa,
    If you think for one minute you and Akasha are drinking24 party_cat going to skip out on an OTJ party.. think again! :lol: :lol:
    so, people that know... Is this DAY 5?
    GO AKASHA!!!

10. akashasmom

akashasmom Member

Hi all- the grasshoppa wanted to inform you all that Akasha is still all good!!! She has stayed in the lower 70's-low 60's... Day 5- No insulin YAY!!!!!!!! (She is still a lil perturbed with the testing, but, it is what it is) Thanks and keep everyone posted;-)

11. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Go team, go!

12. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

w00t! w00t!

13. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Good luck with the rest of the trial!!! So exciting! And wonderful to hear that you have a great vet who is giddy too!
    Lisa & Leo

14. akashasmom

akashasmom Member

We're baaaaack;-) Akasha is doing GREAT!!! It has been 10 days without insulin and her bg's have all been normal. Today, her bg this am was 62 and then it was 69 this evening after her dinner... I am so excited. I am keeping my fingers crossed, we have 4 more days and then I can officially say that she is OTJ!!!!!! :mrgreen: We are almost there.

15. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon otj_icon

counting the days!

16. Deb & Wink

Go Akasha Go! Go all the way to OTJ
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

17. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Is it official now? Are we at the 14-day mark?

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT Yay Akasha! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

18. mimi4neeyah and Loki

mimi4neeyah and Loki Member

I am so happy for you and Akasha, it must feel wonderful. I hope to have that same feeling someday. :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

19. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

H o o r a y !!

20. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

WOOHOO!!!! So glad to hear it's official!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.