Alice 11/26 AMPS 287 / travel happened, late/missed shots

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Nov 26, 2019.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/alice-11-14-amps-291-8-71-pmps-198.221689/

So I think that was the last posting.

We traveled by car from the 16th & 17th, stayed somewhere new with lots of upstairs sounds which she isn’t used to, then returned on the 23rd & 24th.

The past couple of days I have had a bad problem with exhaustion, sleep (I have a weird combo if insomnia and hard crashes :( )... I have never missed her shots like this. The first two times I decided to skip, because the time was so off. Then third shot time I gave an hour early, then this morning I crashed way too hard again and overslept so instead she got it at +14.75, but that’s only 1.75 hours off from her 6/6 schedule.

We are planning a move. It’s a tricky thing because I haven’t uprooted her in 7+ years. The reason for the travel was to take a look at the living space, etc. It would make my life cheaper and give a family member the house I am in currently for however long..... it’s hard because my indoor/outdoor (by her choice) civvies cat is going to have to stay behind with family. I’ve never done that, left someone behind.

Anyway Alice was getting super great numbers on the 1.75u before I crashed really hard after driving 800 miles back....

She did a medium amount of okay on the trip. She seemed calmer if she napped after meals. She would not eat while in motion but I know she would urinate if she really needed to. I tried to leave her out of her pop up carrier once and she immediately roamed the car too much before I could leave a parking lot.

So much more to say but I’m just so tired and putting in any update. At least this move will mean I may have some competent and caring backup help with Alice on occasion, if I have this much exhaustion.....

Partway through the drive we took a break each time at a family member’s house. They have this giant furniture that looks sort of like a huge bean bag chair (but comfier). Super huge. Both times Alice found it right away and crawled under the blankets on it.

So here she is doing that. And her trying to convince me she can hang out outside of her pop up travel carrier, the “Neco Ichi” I found on chewy (-which accommodated a small litter box and food and soft blanket).

99040280-7DAC-4DEE-B20D-7CE721AE0D90.jpeg
    A76E8FC0-5C0C-4C5B-BD03-C57A69CBEE4F.jpeg

05DC4B69-1873-46ED-BF2C-6F8785A7B9A4.jpeg

I hope everyone is well. There’s been so much life happening. It’s been so hard to stay caught up. I really, really hope all are doing as well as possible. <3

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For all of the travel stress, Alice's numbers are pretty good! I hope you get caught up on your sleep.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pictures. I agree overall Alice's numbers look good. I hope you can get some rest. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.