1. Are you getting a server error? It should be solved. Email webmaster@felinediabetes.com if you're still having trouble!

Alice 12/4 AMPS 290 +7.1 33 +7.4 52 +8 78 / PMPS 127 - reduction earned

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by AliceMeowliss&Cassandra, Dec 4, 2019 at 3:45 PM.

1. AliceMeowliss&Cassandra

AliceMeowliss&Cassandra Well-Known Member

Eta link http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...287-travel-happened-late-missed-shots.222145/

I am so behind. We are working on a move and a lot of stress is happening too. I am jumping on here because I caught a really weird surprise 33. That’s an automatic reduction earned after one year on TR right?

I am giving high carb with gravy. I will retest after it’s been 20 minutes and if she is over 50 I will give another snack (maybe a couple bites of LC) and then if she is still rising I will drop back. Otherwise I will syrup and HC it and test everything 20-30 minutes as needed.

The spreadsheet shows some screwed up days where I was sick/crashed and was having trouble wit her schedule and had no backup.... but better high for a day than low....

I think she probably needed a snack earlier. She’s still super hungry.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 8:51 AM
    Reason for edit: Eta link
  2. carfurby

carfurby Well-Known Member

Yes that is an automatic reduction. I hope she stays up for you. Keep testing until you get two tests that are higher without food influence.

3. AliceMeowliss&Cassandra

AliceMeowliss&Cassandra Well-Known Member

After this next test I am going to give her a bigger LC meal as long as she is showing a rise still.

Here I have been thinking this dose wasn’t doing enough for her.

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Cassandra! I hope things settle down for you soon. Yes, these kitties have a way of sneaking up on us. Hope you'll be able to test more frequently.

Congrats on the reducie! She earned it fair and square with that drop today.

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice catch on that 33 today Cassandra! what a surprise.

Congrats on and good luck with the reduction, and also the move, wow, busy time for you :)