All the test results are finally in and............

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra & CB (GA) & Gang, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

Nothing except an overload of coliform bacteria! Well, I guess that's not entirely true, Dr. K said that she isn't sure if trich... is like giardia in that it only sheds periodically or not, so she's going to make more calls and do further research into this. So far TK has returned to normal in all facets, poo included. Radar is doing extremely well too, but his poo remains like soft-serve ice cream. I'm really sure that either Dr. K will eventually get to the bottom (pun intended!) of Radar's continual poo problem, or else he'll eventually outgrow it.

Oh, and I have to admit that I accidentally knocked loose the very same molar in Radar!!! Yes, he was so kind as to spit it out into my hand, and yes, I have saved it too! LOL! No pics of it yet.

I have to take Angel in to see Dr. K this coming Monday for, hopefully, her last cbc with the possibility of her coming off the pred, and Dr. K has asked me to let the two boys tag along. She really wants to see for herself how they're doing now!

And get this, my old vet clinic didn't fax my other furry ones charts over to my new vet! Instead, they mailed me copies, and included a note from the owner of the clinic. It certainly wasn't a pleasant letter and now I'm even more grateful that I made the decision to find a different vet and clinic. While I could, I suppose, try and call him, or even write him a letter about my complaints of his practice, I'm not going to bother. I kinda hope that if/when enough clients leave his practice he'll sit back and figure out why, maybe even going so far as to try and be the good vet he once was. It's all just very sad.

Oh well. Change can be a good thing. I really like our new vet, and Dr. K shows with every action, every phone call, and every moment I've talked to her that she truly cares for animals, big and small, and not just about the wallet behind the pet.

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

bout time some good news here and 3 cheers for a fantastic sounding vet :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

3. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! The boys are turning around :dizcat

4. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I hope they continue to improve! Any way you can forward a copy of your old vet's letter to file a complaint? Or did they really not do anything wrong? Can't remember the specifics on the old vet, or if they just wrote the diarrhea issues off & wouldn't work with you anymore.

So glad you found the great vet though! It's all about the kitties, and whoever does best for them is better anyway! Hope your old vet realizes that before doing any harm to any animals. :/

Thanks for the pics! that pic of the molar is crazy! Never seen one before. :smile: Doesn't look like it had much of a root on it anymore anyway. I remember checking Missy's teeth as a kitten, and she had the double canines! LOL It was soooo cool looking! The adult canines (incisors?) came in, but didn't knock the baby ones out yet. So she had 4 fangs on top, and 2 on the bottom. 6 fangs. :razz: Vic would have been CRAZY about that pic! But by the time I tried to get a pic of them a day later, the baby teeth fell out. Darn!

5. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Oh Steph, you are right... that would be a sight to behold.

Debra, I'm glad you have a great vet now. What did your old vet say to you? I'm surprised that someone would be rude to you at all but to put something in writing when clearly his office wasn't up to par is really odd.

I'm glad the boys are doing better... I like to stay up-to-date on them... such wee cuties.

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates I feel like this is a reality TV show. Cant wait to hear the next continuing drama/comedy of these lil guys. And whata great find, kudos to the new Vet!

Jeanne

7. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

Persistence is the key with poo problems. Megan had very persistent ones in her first year. Darwin (same age, not same litter) had some, too, but they were much more easily resolved. I think their problem turned out to be giardia. It's been too long to remember for sure.

Anyhow, figuring out what the problem was took a lot of tests. Albon was the treatment, and Darwin got all better in a "normal" amount of time (3 weeks of Albon?). Megan, however, would get better, then when I stopped the Albon, she'd be back to having problems, rinse, repeat. Finally I ended up having to give her Albon for a really long time (6 weeks?) and then she was fine and has been ever since.

However that may be, I'm really glad your boys are doing better and that you have a good (and persistent) vet!

8. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

So glad to see they're feeling better and things are looking better.

Glad you found a vet you like - that's sooooo important.

Emmy & Dude (& MIttsi too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.