? Alpha Trak 2 - Wrong strip number setting - Effect?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter Moore, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Moore

Peter Moore Member

Boy do I feel stupid - but it appears for the last couple weeks (unclear how long) the Alpha Trak 2 meter was set for the wrong strip number. It's supposed to be 8, to match the strips calibrated for cats. I think it was 30-something but I can't be sure. The vet noticed it today. I don't know how it got changed or why I didn't notice it, but that's neither here nor there.

Can I infer anything about how this might have affected the numbers, up or down?

Thanks!

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

not sure how much it really affected your numbers but, went and looked at the one time i did the same thing for 10 days and my AT strips were reading on average 10 lower than my freestyle lite strips readings that are the ones always lower than the AT strip readings, after i fixed AT code, they were back to being 4 over FS on average. so my guess is that if anything the wrong code you use probably wasn't that off, if anything maybe up to 20 either lower or higher max.

3. Peter Moore

Peter Moore Member

Thanks! I figured it wouldn't be too much of a difference. It just makes me question some of the 68's and other borderline numbers now.

Sylvie likes this.
  4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would run a test. Use the old code and then reset quickly with the new code. Using the same drop of blood would be desirable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.