? AlphaTrak 2 Code?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SidneysMom, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

I just got this thing and I am hoping you don't have to set up a code before every test, or that is going to slow me down. Do I just set it up with the control solution thing and leave it?
    I'm confused. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I have never used an AlphaTrak. My understanding is that you set the code according to the code listed on the bottle of strips. It is important to check each time you open a new bottle of strips.

btw: do keep the strips in their original container. There is a special filter in the bottle designed to keep the strips dry (away from humidity).

Hope you are staying warm.

SidneysMom likes this.
  3. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

Thanks! It's freezing here tonight in Toronto. Thankfully the apartment heat is fixed. Two days ago we had no heat. Back just in time.

4. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Hi, Sydney looks a lot like Phoebe Squeak! I've been using AT and yes, @Red & Rover (GA) is correct-- each time you open a new container of strips there should be a code on the container. (Be sure you check for the cat code because there will also be a different dog code listed) You enter the code just once till you need a new container of strips. Sometimes if I buy more than 1 box at a time I get lucky and they both have the same code. Best of luck.

SidneysMom and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  5. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

Hang in there Jen! You're in Toronto? That's just 4 hours east of me!

SidneysMom likes this.
  6. SidneysMom

SidneysMom Member

I am! :) Hello neighbour!

Tbarry likes this.
  7. Red & Rover (GA)

Waving from further east in the Kawarthas.

Tbarry likes this.
  8. Red & Rover (GA)

How's the testing going? And the insulin? You do not want leave starting insulin for too long.

9. Tbarry

Tbarry Member

After catching him and trying to put him in the cage he urinated on the carpet then proceeded to spray the side of my couch! He has never sprayed in the 8 years we have had him! We finally made it to the new vet. Started insulin today at 2:45. 1 unit of Lantus 2× a day. Told me to wait until morning to give next dose. They checked his b/g before giving insulin, it was 500+. I asked him about food, he said b/g was high enough not to worry. I'm still worried. He hadn't eaten since 4:30. Testing for me not good. First attempt he bolted and hid. I wont give up. Tried to give him his antibiotic last night. When I was finally able to pick him up he urinated all over me. Guess that's his way of telling me he's pissed off!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.