Alphatrak 2.. help!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by allie.crain97, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allie.crain97

allie.crain97 New Member

I have an alphatrak 2 and I can't seem to get it right. I just tried to test sawyer and wasted 4 test strips and 3 lancets only to have it not work. I'm able to get a good sized drop of blood but for some reason it never registers. I've had many vets do it in front of me successfully but whenever I try to do it at home it doesn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and its very frustrating because I want to make sure his BG doesn't go too low but I feel so helpless not being able to test him.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Did you first turn on the meter before touching the strip to the blood drop?
    Note that the meter will automatically turn off at some period of time and if it does you have to turn it back on before touching the strip (while in meter) to the blood drop?
    Are you getting any error message on the meter?

3. allie.crain97

allie.crain97 New Member

I was told that I should stick the strip into the meter (while its off), wait for the code to appear on the screen (with the strips I have its 07), and then touch it to the blood when the little drop symbol comes up. When I do this, nothing happens. When they do it at the vet, his numbers come up. I'm literally doing exactly what the vet did and I've watched tons of videos so I'm kind of at a dead end here:/

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You are dipping the little protruding draw thing that pokes out on the side in the middle of the black spot right? You aren't scooping the drop on top of the strip?

5. allie.crain97

allie.crain97 New Member

I think so? I usually just dip the edge of the strip into the drop but next time ill try to look closely to make sure it's getting to the right place!! I never would have noticed this so thank you so much for pointing this out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.