Amazon smiles charity name?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chris & Lucy, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & Lucy

Chris & Lucy Member

Does anyone know what name this organization is listed under for the smiles.amazon.com charity donation? I use the Prime app on my phone so the link does me no good. I would like to add the charity to my account but don't know what to look for.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't think the message board is included in the Smile program, but if you want to help DCIN (Diabetic Cats In Need) they have an "associates link" that you can use.

If you go to Amazon through the DCIN Associate's link, they get a percentage of your purchase.

DCIN is also enrolled in the Smile program, but the associate's link gives a bigger donation than Smile does!!

3. Chris & Lucy

Chris & Lucy Member

Thank you for the reply. I will keep in mind that the associate program is a bigger donation and use it when I can. Good info to know.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I didn't know that Chris, I have DCIN as my charity on Smile. Thanks for the new info and providing the link.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Glad to pass along the information!! DCIN is currently over $12,000 in the red and can't accept any more "crisis" cases until we're in a better financial position so every donation counts!!

It hurts our hearts to have to tell people that we just can't help them with their DKA's and other life-threatening conditions :(

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear that, I wish I had more wherewithal to help. Do they write grants, do fundraisers etc.? They need big bucks and now.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Robert and Echo
    Maybe this is something we should try to get involved in to help keep the board running?

ETA: and this "associates link" Chris is talking about for DCIN
    Is that what we have? If not, something to look into and have accessible through Prime if possible???

Just thinking out loud since we appear to have lost the raffle and participation in the calendar has dropped off. Sigh... our only two "fundraisers".

8. Chris & China (GA)

We're constantly doing fundraisers.....we're also hoping to have an online auction in the next few days....quite a few donated things (lots of them "kitty-related") that will go to the highest bidder!!

Sylvie and Idjit's mom like this.
  9. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I hadn't heard about this "smiles" thing. I'll check into it. What we do is at the top of our page, you'll find the link for amazon associates. If you order from amazon after clicking that, a small portion goes to the FDMB.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Do check into it. Until then Best Friends Animal Society is enrolled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.