Amethyt 03/21/2018 PMPS 210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pamela & Amethyst, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Not too bad but it looks like Amethyst may be joining Bronx soon in the double-digit dose club...

3. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi I know:oops: You do not have Bronx on Cabergoline? Her vets will not put her on it because they feel there is not enough scientific evidence to support the use

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good. Lots of blue!

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I did try Cabergoline and it did seem to help after I increased the dose to the higher recommended amount. I stopped because Bronx got the SRT done. Cabergoline has helped a few of the acro kitties on here @Chubba @Marvin's Mom - Nat @MJW

6. Pamela & Amethyst

I know I want her on it I do not have any extra money to take her to another vet It is very frustrating that they will not put her on it:oops:

7. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Cabergoline has been a game changer for Gizmo. I went through several vets to find one who was willing to test for acro and then take a chance on a trial drug. Would your vet be willing to contact the RVC to get more information about cabergoline?

8. Pamela & Amethyst

I would like her to. Paul gave me the info once before Do you have it again? I have been watching how great Gizmo is doing!!! Amethyst is up to almost 10U 2x a day and she is only going to be 5 on April 1! Maybe if I have another talk with her hospital vet that first diagnosed her Diabetes he will approve it Could you send me the info again please Thanks:bighug:

9. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I will send you the email via a pm.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  10. Pamela & Amethyst

Thank you!!!

11. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Cabergoline was like a miracle for Yum. Look at her February spreadsheet. She started it on 1/30/2018, when she was on 11 units of Lantus twice a day. She got up to 16.5 units of Lantus twice a day on 2/18/18. Then she came crashing down to 1 unit.
    Her story got complicated, unfortunately. She had a kidney infection, and then she had congestive heart failure from all the fluids used to fix her kidneys.
    Her blood sugar is out of control now, perhaps due to the lasix she is taking for her congestive heart failure.
    I don't know what is happening, but I believe the cabergoline does work for her.

I posted an email from RVC in the Acromegaly support group: it says if cabergoline does not work on its own, it may work in combination with octreotride.

I think if you copied your vet the abstract from the veterinary school in Argentina (in the cabergoline thread in the Acromegaly support group), he/she might be willing to prescribe it.

Let me know if you can't find these in the thread.
    Good luck!

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  12. Pamela & Amethyst

I have been following your little one I am glad she is home I do not know how to copy I am so computer stupid!!:oops::bighug::bighug:

MJW likes this.
  13. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

The 3catcabergolinestudy.pdf is in post #109 in the cabergoline thread in the acromegaly support group. It should open when you click on it. You can then email the pdf to your vet. Or print it.

14. Pamela & Amethyst

THank you:bighug:

15. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

16. Pamela & Amethyst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.