AMPS 12.4 (217 US measurement) Do I shoot (Caninsulin)?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Orangey, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orangey

Orangey Member

Mellows AMPS number was only 12.4 this morning. Was 38.7 last night. I definitely dont want to give him 2 units but wondered should I give any at all? My syringes only have one unit measurements.. I donth think he ate much yesterday - he just licks the jelly off the catfood and only eats tiny amounts of the meat.
    I will be at work today so cant monitor him for any hypo. (I've only 2 strips left anyway. Hubbie can keep an eye on him as he is home but hasnt done any testing himself. )
    My instinct says no shot. I have half an hour to decide.

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I can't really advise, that's a much lower number than he has been at recently, pre-shot. If you do decide to shoot, I would recommend a much reduced dose, especially since you won't be there to test him. The general concensus of opinion around here is, better a day in high numbers than a hypo! Let us know what your decision was!

3. Orangey

Orangey Member

I'm going with no shot. I have to go to work now. Dont want to risk it. Whew- its a roller coaster of a ride.:)

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

How, that was a drop! It's a good idea to do a second test right away after you see something so different to make sure it was accurate. I realize you are at work by now, but just for future reference. It's like Squalliesmom said, better to be to high for the day than a hypo event. Keep us posted! :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.