AMPS=171 no insulin +2= 227 gave 1 unit

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ErinElizabeth, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Member

Ok, so I'm back, 4 hours after I gave Chinookie 1 unit, and his reading is 275
    So now I list in in my notebook as +4 = 275, right.

I'll monitor him this afternoon. He ate a little bit more food, but doesn't seem to be as voracious as he'd been the last couple weeks.
    I have so many questions about so many things... I just hope I'm doing the right stuff for him.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sort of but if I recall you gave it two hours late.

Yesterday:
    From yesterday's post
    +6 300, +8 325, +10 297

PMPS was 340
    Chinookie then eats about 3oz and gets 4 units.

Today: PS 172, + 2 227 gave 1 unit, +6 for normal AM shot time 275

If the future either provide recent relevant data or provide link to it.

You may not want to give 4 units this evening. When he vomited last night when did he vomit in relation to when you gave shot?

3. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Member

Thank Larry - I'll try to remember to give the most recent numbers. I've been keeping a notebook, but haven't had a chance to make spreadsheet that works for us yet.

However, he didn't vomit last night. He hasn't vomited food at all since we've had him. But since being on insulin, he's been grooming a lot more, and brought up a few hair balls in the middle of the night. Good that he's finally grooming more, but maybe I should brush him some more and get rid of the excess hair more often.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

OK, this morning you posted " After the numbering he was throwing last night." I misread that as throwing up.
    If he eats today like he did yesterday I and get a PMPS this evening like yesterday I would not give 4 units this evening.

5. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.