? AMPS 188 - already gave food!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Panic, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

PLEASE tell me if 911 isn't appropriate and to remove, this is just time sensitive!

I already started feeding kitty because she won't hold still for tests until she gets her breakfast but she tested at 188 - do I wait or skip dose??

Panic just switched from a 4u on Vetsulin to a Prozinc 2u dosage last Thursday so all of these low numbers are very new! Please advice!

I am leaving for work in an hour so I will not be able to monitor today!

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I also posted on the ProZinc forum to have these members advice you. I do not have any experience with ProZinc.

Panic likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Checking SS., BRB.

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Thank you Lisa!

I am tempted to skip just because she seems to drop a lot on ProZinc and I won't be home. :(

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Given how much Panic dropped the first day and the presumed fur shots, I'm not sure I'd chance the full 2u as it's still not clear what that does for her. I'd drop the dose to 1.5u.

Oh I see you won't be home. Skipping is an option or you could give her a token dose of 1u and leave food down for her.

7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Do you think she'd be alright with 1u without supervision? My parents will be next door (Father's Day lunch) but I could ask them to check and make sure she's getting food in her but they don't test. I won't be home until close to 8pm and it is almost 9:30am now.

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

With the possible trace ketones yesterday I hate to not give her anything. How about 0.5u if that makes you more comfortable and have your parents check to make sure she eats.

9. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I can definitely do that, thank you for the advice! <3 This is the third Sunday in a row something has happened, and Sundays are the only day I work full 8 hr shifts. :/

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think Panic is just now starting to see what the 2u can do for her. I think her BG was inflated from the higher dose of Vetsulin and then a bounce following the drop in BG the first day on ProZinc and of course the possible fur shots. I'd like to think you are now getting to see a more realistic picture of her BG levels.

Panic is just doing what our cats do.....not being very accommodating of YOUR schedule! :woot:

Panic and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  11. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

That is both good and stressful at the same time LOL. Really glad you happened to be online this morning since you know Panic's SS so well.

YES XD Do something weird any day but Sundays, sweetie! Typical cats.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.