AMPS 209

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by christina52388, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christina52388

christina52388 Member

Today Chocolate's amps was 209...I didn't shoot because I don't know what's going on with my work schedule today and if I can't be here I will be riddled with anxiety all day and have no one else to check her. Was this a good move? Also, she hit 119 at her +6 yesterday which is great..and there was still some food left in her bowl this morning which usually there isn't. I put down a fresh serving for her breakfast and she went for it and ate some. I've been putting out half a 5.5oz can 4x a day but ideally if I can get her regulated would only do 3/4 can at the inbetween meals so maybe that's a good sign that she didn't finish all the food as well?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Took a look at your spreadsheet - It may take a day or two before the bounce from those low values evens out.

In general, the glucose level always goes up when the insulin wears off AND the cat has been eating AND you aren't dealing with any other complications such as bouncing, vomiting, sputtering pancreas, etc.

When you are still trying to figure out the maintenance dose and aren't sure about shooting, as long as you know the cat is eating, a half dose may be safe. It may undershoot the ideal amount so the next test may be high, but it is better than no dose when insulin is needed.

It looks like you skipped the morning dose, so don't panic if tonight is high. I think I'd go for consistency and give 0.40 tonight, as the glucose levels haven't dropped enough on that dose to earn another reduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.