AMPS 339 +7 190 He seems off - Vet or just wait?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cindy Lamy, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindy Lamy

Cindy Lamy Member

Hi,
    I have been trying hard to get Butter regulated. Tried to get home to do a +6 test today, but it didn't work out. When I arrived home I noticed he had thrown up a bit of food in his litter box and right outside it was just yellow liquid on the floor. He has never thrown up in his litter box and he doesn't throw up very often. Maybe once in the last few months. I also noticed that he didn't run to get fed when I get home like he usually does. He eats about 6-8 cans of food a day normally. I fed him this morning but tried a new food. He normally gets Fancy Feast Classic pate. I got him Friskies flaked tuna with egg and cheese because the phosphorus levels are lower in that and along with the diabetes he is Stage 2 kidney failure. He seems very lethargic (more than normal) and he is not eating. Just sleeping. Should I worry? I was very excited to see the 190 test which is the lowest he has ever tested since his diagnosis last May. Could he just not be use to his level that low? Any input in appreciated. Thank you! Cindy

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

He may just not be used to the lower (for him) level. I would check for ketones to be sure.

3. Cindy Lamy

Cindy Lamy Member

Thank you! I had his bloodwork done about 3 weeks ago. No ketones. Now I'm scared to shoot tonight. He is on 3 units of Lantus and his shot time is 9:30pm.

4. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

6 to 8 cans a day? Whoa! Must be a big boy :) Hopefully he starts eating and feeling better soon!

5. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Do you check ketones at home? You can buy strips from walmart about $6 for 50 strips

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Butter is adorable :). Love the name:smuggrin:.

Could be a number of things.. reaction to the food change, constiption (staining to go/the fact that it is in and next to the LB), stomach acid or something more serious.

Has he eaten anything since she threw up? Drinking water?

Here is your last condo (for history purposes)
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/i-really-need-help-second-post.190841/

If he is still off in the AM I would get him in since the vet office will be closed on Sunday (I assume).

7. Cindy Lamy

Cindy Lamy Member

No he's not a big boy. 10 pounds. We just haven't been able to control the diabetes. The vet thought once we can get it under control he won't eat as much. He was on Prozinc and we switched him to Lantus last month. He is drinking water and just walked over to the litter box where he had diarrhea. Then I just noticed that there was a thick clear liquid on the floor outside the litter box too. I will go get the strips. Thanks!

Tanya and Ducia and Sean & Rufus like this.
  8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yes, go get the strips. Let us know what the result is. Praying he is negative.

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like the new food is not agreeing with him.

10. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Throwing up could be a reaction to the first in his history Blue number. We do not know how fast he got there - if he dropped a lot of points in a short period, vomiting would not be an unusual reaction.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.