? AMPS 95-1.5 u; +1-124; +2.25-101; +3.5-106;+9-169 PMPS 333- 1.5 u; +3.5-322

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darcy and Jonesy, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Good Morning,
    Before you ask, I'm setting up a NEW spreadsheet for Jonesy this morning. Last night's PMPS was 384, this AMPS he's at 95!! My question, as I've been all over the board re his units (my fault, I panicked ;) heehee) I *think* that I should NOT be giving ANY insulin???? I'm home all day and can monitor. (It's been 30 minutes since tested/fed, and he ate well) He's currently giving himself a thorough bath.
    Thanks!
    Darcy
    (link to former thread)
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/well-im-back-new-sugar-cat-need-dosing-advice.224136/

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

As long as you can monitor, and have plenty of testing supplies and HC food, you can shoot his normal dose. With a history of DKA you don't want to skip. Make sure you get a +1 and a +2 test and post them here so we can see what he is doing today.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Darcy and Jonesy

Ugh . . . 1.5, even at only 95???? That honestly freaks me out :(

4. carfurby (GA)

As long as he is eating, you can safely shoot 95 when you can monitor. A lot of the time when you shoot a low number they cat surfs and doesn't drop as much. When you monitor, you can keep him safe.

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  5. Darcy and Jonesy

Thanks Carla!

6. carfurby (GA)

Just keep your subject line updated with your tests today so we can see how things are going.

7. carfurby (GA)

How long until your +1 test? Once you get the SS set up, please add a link to your signature. Good job shooting.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning! When you edit your title, could you please add the date/kitty name in front of the AMPS?

We have so many posters on the forum currently and it gets difficult to discern who and when from one to another.

Great news on the SS :)

9. Darcy and Jonesy

I was thinking about testing in maybe ten minutes or so (Which would be 30 minutes from shot, or so??) , but I also don't want to "pin cushion" him all day ;) Should I wait the full hour?

10. carfurby (GA)

30 minutes may be food influenced and not really give you much information. It's up to you, but I'd still get a +1 test even if you test at 30 min.

11. Darcy and Jonesy

He's eating again right now, I'll give him another 30 before I start the stabbing . . . lol

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  12. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Next time you get a PS number that you’re not comfortable shooting or is lower, DON’T feed, wait 15-20 mins and test again. If the number is rising, then you know it’s safe to shoot as the insulin is waning already.

13. Darcy and Jonesy

Thank you @carfurby <3 You were right. He's gone up a bit.

Please remind me, how am I to "type in" the title correctly? I put AM +1, is that correct? It's been a long time ;) Will continue to watch him carefully through the day.

Also, I KNOW this. I KNOW IT!!! "Shoot low to STAY low", but yup . . . but I was freakin' out! LOL

14. carfurby (GA)

You just need to put +1. Since you have AMPS that tells us it's an AM test. I'd still get a +2 since the +1 may be a food bump. We all got nervous shooting our first low numbers. It does get easier.

15. Darcy and Jonesy

Mah boy is staying nice and steady! *fingers crossed* :D

carfurby (GA) likes this.