Angel 9/23 AMPS:208 +4:256 +6:274 +9:238 PMPS:133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherish Gallagher, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/lantus-room-temp.184287/#post-2045901

Apologies for being away a couple days! We had a dose increase last night and it's looking like Angel might have an active cycle tonight. Reallllyyy hoping her numbers start coming down. Her preshots have been sooooo much better but mid cycle have been so high and flat. This is the exact opposite problem we had with Vetsulin. Her preshots were crazy high and mid cycle/nadirs were great for the most part. Now if we could just combine the two insulins! Hahaha

Anyways I hope everyone and every kitty is well. :)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Nice PS tonight! :)

3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Work the juice Angel but nice and easy. She's making progress...only been on lantus a little over a month. It tries our patience but she'll get there ;)

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Angel's PMPS looks promising, hoping you get a nice cycle tonight...I have seen that sometimes those flat cycles indicate a bit more activity to follow. :cat:;)

5. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

Not a good cycle :( :(

6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Oh...I see, I'm sorry :(, sometimes the good preshot numbers create a bounce, I was so hopeful the flat yellows were signaling some better numbers. Hang in there, tomorrow's another day, Angel will get there, for some of us, it just takes a little longer :bighug:

Cherish Gallagher likes this.
  7. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

Thanks. It's so frustrating. Especially after such a great PMPS right into 300's. I've tried everything when it comes to her food. Took away the dry food. She won't touch pate, only gravy based foods. I used dr Lisa's chart to find gravy ones she could eat and she either wouldn't eat them or the ones she would eat I swear messed up her numbers. So now we are back to giving her all the foods she LOVES and has been eating since diagnosis (Purina pro Plan gravy based - just chicken, turkey and beef varieties). I calculate them all to be about 8%. Dr Lisa's chart has them over that amount but up until Lantus that is what she Ate 100% of the time and she never had crazy good bounces only high preshots because of the Vetsulin wearing off. So we are trying this. I need her to eat and like what she's eating and be happy. It already breaks my heart that our other cat gets her dry kibble and she looks so sad at every meal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.