Angel Kitty's Grandma

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Myra Kotrla, Feb 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myra Kotrla

Myra Kotrla New Member

I mean really, what do I call it? I found Angel as a very young cat, 5 mos no more, with her four kits on the river bank. Took her home, rehomed the kits with the vet by his request, and a few years later daughter Stacey took Angel to live with her. Now we are sharing the load as daughter travels and I am pretty much a stay at home. Daughter does all the footwork - and then tells me what to do (or not do) regarding Angel. It was a hectic few days at first, particularly since both of us were leaving the state for a week and more within two days of Angel's diagnosis. We've come a long way in a short time, and still learning of course, but at least *I* don't feel as panicked as I did that first day.
    Glad to find a place that can help us!
    She's got the spreadsheet but guess I will need to copy it and get that going soon.

SuziB and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Myra and Angel. I'm glad you have found a place to learn more about feline diabetes and treatment. It sounds like you and your daughter have worked out how to take good care of Angel. It's so good to see that you are testing, and have Angel on a good diet, as well as insulin therapy.
    You can post questions and concerns in the Main Health forum, or in the Lantus forum. There are many knowledgeable and experienced members that keep a close eye on those forums in order to be of assistance.
    Best wishes going forward. :cat:

3. Myra Kotrla

Myra Kotrla New Member

Thank you! I have a total of three cats, four if you count angel. They are all now on better food that will work for both the CKD kitty and for Angel. And all of our dry food has been donated. I will be a frequent visitor here :)

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.