Angel's curve :)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SweetAngel, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

Well I just wrote a long post and lost it as I got logged out for some reason.

But basically he got some great numbers, I've updated his spreadsheet. His pmps test was 14.1/ 254, lower than when he had the suspected hypo on 2 units. so I gave him 1 unit and am going to keep a close eye on him and test him in 4 hours, or earlier if I'm at all concerned. He didn't eat much at the vets, but then again he doesn't eat much overnight and his mid point test last night and amps test were both high.

x

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

This may be helpful:

Comparing a human glucometer to a pet-specific glucometer is like reading temperature in Celsius vs Fahrenheit. Both are correct. You just need to know the reference ranges to interpret what the numbers mean.

[Glucose reference ranges are unsubstantiated and have been removed by Moderator]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​
    Examples of using the chart:

Ex. You are a new insulin user and you test your cat before giving insulin. The test is 300. It probably is safe to give insulin.

Ex. You are an established user of Lantus, following the Tight Regulation protocol. You've tested around +5 to +7 to spot the nadir. It is 200 mg/dL. You probably need to increase the dose, following the instructions for the protocol.

Ex. Your cat is acting funny. The eyes are a bit dilated. You are concerned and test the glucose. The number is 35 mg/dL. ACK! The cat may be in a hypoglycemic state. You quickly follow the HYPO protocol linked in the glucose reference values chart. (which we really, really, suggest you print out and post on your refrigerator.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.