Anger... help, plse?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Candy&Company, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Fena my sugar cat is used to being the center of attention - she's ok, her brother is now in her spot - and she's driving. me. crazy.

I just wanna cry... she's being a B*TCH, I'm sorry but I don't know how to deal with her?

She hisses, spits, growls whenever he's around now even days after his clinic visit - she hits him, she won't eat like she usually does for her meds/shot.. she's so mad at him and I dunno what to do?

He wants me, he's in pain so we snuggle all the time - and she hates it, she'll lash out at him and me.. my schedule is all messed up, everything is messed up!

She's not top dog so to speak anymore, and she's hurting us both - how do I take control again??

2. Megaboo

Megaboo Member

Hi, my other cat hissed at Kali when I brought him home from the vets. I think they recognize the smell it on them and don't like it.
    My cats get along pretty good so I may not have the best advice but maybe try lots of play, catnip or treats to redirect their attention.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Ooh okay, can I rub something on Mao or encourage him to do something, or...? Mao's laying/rubbing on our sheets, blankets, etc. me! but Fena's still giving him the cold shoulder - tonight no hissing or growling but he can't snuggle her like he used to and it's bugging him? They've always been joined at the hip. I'll try play, catnip, etc. Thank you!

4. Megaboo

Megaboo Member

:) I hope that helps!

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I had a cat that would freak out on my other cat for a couple days any time he came back from the vet. Its the scents. Wipe him down... might help, but maybe not. Distract with toys and catnip.

You could also try feliway multi-way diffusers.

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Lewis has food issues, eats like it's a sport and used to bump Noah off his dish. You can't imagine how crazy this cat makes me. I don't believe in giving animals a good swat but I have raised my voice, that's not who I am so that's how bad it gets.
    The smells from the vet theory makes the most sense. The smell of dogs, strange cats, cleaners and meds, cats pick up on every little thing. Lewis torments Sam but since Sam got shaved (Himalayan/Persian, we call him "The mop") Lewis doesn't seem to know who he is and leaves him alone. I just don't know anymore but I feel your pain. Try the Feliway.

7. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

I take a fresh clean towel and wrap the newly arrived cat from the vet in it and rub it all over so he smells like home quicker. That'll speed up the process of getting rid of the vet smell.

8. Megaboo

Megaboo Member

Maybe rub catnip on the one being picked on to cover the smell. May or may not be a bad idea..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.