911 Another hypo this am. Switch insulin?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CassWTribby, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassWTribby

CassWTribby Member

Bit of a cross post-Tribby had another mild hypo this morning at 11am. Her BGL was 9.9. I gave her 1/2 dose of insulin at 7am. She ate well before and after her injection. My hubby came home from DR at 11:30 and checked her. He gave her food with a bit of honey and more canned food with higher carbs after that. He doesn't do the BGT so I have no results but is watching her carefully. She seems to have recovered quickly. He will keep a close eye on her.
    We already have an appnt tonight at the vet to discuss her IBS and hopefully get bude. I'm going to skip her pm insulin completely and just test.

Question:: what is the next best insulin to try?
    She's been on caninsulin since Feb 4 and looking at the chart I made (by hand) her average BGL is in low to mid teens. Going as low as 8 only 3 times in a month. Seems to last about 10 hrs as well so I'm wondering if we should switch?

In the meantime I'm trying hard not to have a panic attack, quit my job and rush home. :(

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Just replied to your other thread.

CassWTribby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.