Another newbie to the forum

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Judy and Freckles, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Hi all. Thanks to everyone in advance for starting this forum. It's comforting to know there are many people with years of experience on here. I'm always a bit skeptical of following advice from someone who is going to make a profit on their advice so non-biased information is very much appreciated.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Waving to you from the middle of Ontario. There are a lot of Canadians on the forum.
    There is no dry food low enough in carbs available in Canada.
    Regarding the Royal Canin canned, do you mean Purina DM?
    The Purina DM Pate cans (6%) is fine but not the Purina Savory Selects (10%).
    Save yourself some money and return it to the vet. Just say that Freckles won't eat it and they will give you a refund.

We are fairly data based here. It is so great that you are hometesting. The Spreadsheet instructions are here:
    Come over and post in the Health Forum. We can help keep your Freckles safe. (It may take a bit of time before you can post – something to do with weeding out spammers.)

3. Jane and Waldo

Jane and Waldo New Member

Hello from the south coast of MA. Waldo and I are still a bit stunned by this diagnosis. I am grateful for all the info and support that I have received from this site already! After a phone call from Shellie this morning, I feel very reassured and ready to start conditioning my boy Waldo for his blood glucose tests. We have a curve to do and I have been very anxious about this task. Shellie is a jewel! =^^=

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Jane and Waldo, welcome to FDMB. You should create your own Introductory thread here in this forum.
    Just click on this link http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/welcome-to-the-group-post-an-introduction-here.41/
    then look to the right and you will see a blue button that says Post New Thread. Click that blue button.
    You can type in your title and then tell us more about yourself and Waldo. Is Waldo already getting insulin? What kind of food does he eat, are you home testing his blood sugar?

Who is Shellie please?

5. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the welcome Red and Rover. The vet recommended that I give Royal Canin diabetic wet and dry to Freckles https://www.royalcanin.com/ca/en_ca/cats/products/vet-products/feline-diabetic-canned-cat-food . When I use the calculations on line to figure out the carbs in the wet, I still think it's too high (11.55). I will post the spreadsheet ASAP. Thanks again.

6. Jane and Waldo

Jane and Waldo New Member

Thank-you for the tips. Waldo is getting lnsulin - Lantus. We started just 3 weeks ago. I have successfully switched him to an all wet food, low carb (under 10) diet. Shellie is the intake coordinator who reached out to me from DCIN. I have not started testing him yet. I am working on conditioning him as per Shellies advice. Have a good night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.