another question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by julie & godzilla, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & godzilla

julie & godzilla New Member

Has anyone heard of or tried Zobaline TM 3mg for weak legs in diabetic cats. It does have the Methylcobalamin in it. I am now sure he has weak legs just because of the way he is walk . Does anyone also know of any exercises I can do for him other then try to make him walk around more. He hates me to touch him now cause I am doing all these things to him lately and he gives me these looks like just leave me alone. I really feel sorry for him cause he was always a proud cat and used to strut around like a lion. That is how I used to describe the way he walked. I am very sad for my big guy, hate seeing him like this.

2. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

I know my kitty Dusty had weak legs during his diabetes and remained so after. Almost a year after being in remission I still notice he's a little slow getting up on his rear legs and has some trouble jumping up on the bed. It hasn't gotten worse but has improved slowly without any medication. I also know that when Dusty had diabetes and had lost weight his back bone was very prominent and almost curved up, I can see how a vet would think it was arthritis but maybe it was just nerve damage from diabetes. Once Dusty went into remission and he gained weight his backbone went back to normal. Once your kitty is well regulated or in remission I think things will go back to normal somewhat. That's the only experience and advise I can offer, I hope and pray for you and and your kitty.

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Julie,

From what I've read here and around the interweb, Zobaline is a recommended supplement for diabetic neuropathy. Don't know what the recommended dosage is. Hopefully other members will be able to give you more information.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Could be both.

5. Thebudster77

Thebudster77 Member

Hi Julie,

I give both Jack and Samantha Zobaline.

Jack had very wobbly legs when DX and I did some research and found the Zobabine and checked with the Vet for her opinion.

The vet initially said that was for humans but she did do some research and found it does have antidotal evidence it helps in both humans and cats. She said is would not hurt Jack. I told her that if it helps Jack get better 10 minutes sooner, than that is what I will do.

I have been giving him 4.5 mg per day. 1 pill in the AM and 1/2 at night crushed in food. I saw the recommended dose was 3-6 mg/day and I went right in the middle. I read that if they are getting more than they can use, then the excess is excreted in the urine.

I have also been giving it to Samantha and while she had no noticeable wobbly legs, she was laying front of her water bowl to drink. She is 14 and Jack is only 10, however, she no longer does that and I have seen her more active than before.

Jack had made a dramatic improvement with his walking in about 5 weeks and @ 7 weeks he was running and jumping just about like is old self. I figure he is about 90% of where he was before the DM.

All the best!
    Kevin

I was able to get his BG down from 634 and under control and is now in day 21 of remission.

While I cannot say definitively that it was the Zobaline, I also cannot dismiss it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.