? Another weird day & dropping for pm shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by William's Mom, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William's Mom

William's Mom Member

Any ideas what's happening? I'm stalling and seeing if he'll drop some more. This happened the other night, so at least i'm not totally freaked, but does this look like a bounce settling down? Too big a dose? Ideas? @Robin&BB?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm a little confused by what you're saying here ... You're stalling to see if he'll drop some more? From what I can see on your SS, William hasn't come anywhere close to bottoming out on BG levels. So is that your concern?

3. William's Mom

William's Mom Member

Sorry if I was vague. Wanted to post quickly. Yes, I did stall because he went down at the end of his cycle instead of up. He isn't dropping anymore. Back to 232 now, but he seems to be dropping in the last few hours of his cycle lately. The other day he even went up over the course of the day. I thought they could have a bounce even if the didn't actually go super low, but if they had a big drop or went lower than they were used to . I guess I'll just shoot the regular dose? Bottoming out shooting a number that low does freak me out. I do know that he can afford to go a lot lower. I was too conservative the other day and we lost momentum.

4. Robin&BB

Oh, I know how that feels ... is hard sometimes not to feel freaked out when your kitty has a bigger drop than you're accustomed to seeing.
    Yes, I think you're probably safe to feed, then shoot, then check in a couple of hours to see how his drop's going. Sometimes, when I've been extra-concerned at night, I just set an alarm to check at +4. (William would have to drop, like, 163 points to be at start of hypo zone.) If you were to get down around the 80s or 90s, you'd just steer him with some extra food. That's what I've had to do with Bat from time to time. (See my SS.) Then in 15 minutes when I recheck her, her BG has risen to a place where I'm not worried about a crash.

5. William's Mom

William's Mom Member

Thanks so much! You were the only Prozinc person out tonight and in the right time zone! I'm happy he's finally responding - he's just got a wacky pattern going on and I'm new to the semi-lower numbers.

Robin&BB likes this.
  6. Robin&BB

Yes, this is good news - sounds like William's responding very well! I'm glad I saw your post. Ha, AZ doesn't do DST --- so I'm in the same time zone as you are until the clocks get turned back again in all the other states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.