Any PZI users around/up?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by totallybeachin, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totallybeachin

totallybeachin Member

Callie Mae's amps was 141.
    I fed her breakfast and waited 30-40 minutes then tested her again.
    She was up to 190.
    I know not to shoot below 200 but I'm wondering with these low numbers pre-shot, when she does get above 200 should I giver her a full unit (which is what she's on) or should I just go with like .5 or something?
    I've posted over in PZI also, but no one seems to be around. Sorry for double posting here.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Just took a peek at Callie's spreadsheet, looks like you are getting absolutely beautiful numbers on that 1u. But let me see if I understand what I'm looking at...Did you already give her the 1u? Because if I'm reading your notes correctly you tested this morning and she was:

Amps 141
    +30min 190
    then +1 from Amps 210

Correct? And then you gave her 1u? If correct I think you will be fine but as always if you can get a few spot checks in just to make sure she isn't dropping too low. Can't be sure since I have never dealt with PZI, just Lantus.

Mel, Max & The Fur Gang

3. Helen & Snickers

Helen & Snickers Member

I would probably try half a unit, but once she's eaten, you may see her BG levels shoot up more and then have something in her usual pre-shot range. I've always been a bit cautious, though, and prefer a lower dose when I'm in a lower PS situation.

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

You are using a compounded U-40 strength PZI from a local pharmacy, correct? I see you gave 1U when the number hit 210, from the comments section. I think you are getting some good numbers there and keeping that momentum going is good. Just keep an eye on things, the PZI will hopefully bring numbers down to low 100s or upper two digit numbers, just watch him and get some spot checks today.

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Replied on PZI. Good job on the dose.

6. totallybeachin

totallybeachin Member

Thanks guys.
    Yes you read the spreadsheet correct, and that is what I did. I was kinda scared and it was pretty early so I just decided to wait until I was up there a little bit and shoot 1u rather than mess around with the lower numbers and shoot .5.

7. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Bravo! You handled that purrfectly!!!

See you'll be an old pro at this in no-time!

Mel, Max & The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.