Anybody heard of a Fancy Feast Recall?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Terwilliger1, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terwilliger1

Terwilliger1 Member

My older DC has been vomiting a little the past few days, and I thougt it was due to her dental extractions and medication. My 10 month old cat just vomited his FF, and he's never thrown up before. I'm worried about a bad batch of food. I googled FF recall, but didn't come up with anything. Anyone no anything?

2. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

No but if anybody hears anything I would appreciate they post it, many people here feed FF. I feed my older cat Arthur eats FF Chicken and Liver as thats about the only thing he will eat.
    What flavor are you feeding them?

Terri

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

I know of no recall, but Purina has a toll free number on the can, to call and ask.

4. Terwilliger1

Terwilliger1 Member

The flavor was Chicken Primavera Elegant Medleys. I only had two cans with that lot number, and it's mostly for my civilian baby. I still haven't found out anything, but he is doing just fine after eating a couple of different flavors of FF last night and this morning. I guess maybe you can get a bad batch or maybe it was just a coincidence that he got sick. I don't know.

5. dee bee

dee bee New Member

I went into a pet store today and was told everything Purina was being recalled which is untrue.

However, I found a web site with consumer complaints numbering in the 100's that will make YOU sick re Purina products. Most were dry dog foods but there were some cats who'd been sickened as well on dry and wet. Here's the site: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html.

Another pet store owner said he called Purina and they denied any problem. Made me feel good at the moment until I read all the complaints on the above site! I guess they just lie!

Given the rotten ratings Fancy Feast gets, I've started weaning mine off it and onto Wellness. Going to try Blue and some other better foods. Here's the site for an analysis of Fancy Feast: http://petfoodtalk.com/catfoodreviews/fancy-feast/

Good luck everyone.

denise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.