Anyone know if Tape Wormer can be crushed?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MommaOfMuse, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if you can crush a tape wormer tablet and mix it water then give orally with a syringe? Bebe (civie) needs to be wormed for tape worm but there is no way I'm gonna get a pill down that boy's throat. Anything else he is the most mellow laid back boy you will ever meet...But after 4 days of trying to get a pill down his throat and being shredded I'm looking for another way. Tried wrapping him in a towel (now have new cleaning rags) tried the squeeze play against a corner got bit. Even tried zipping all of him but head in my husband's gym bag (more cleaning rags and need to replace before Hubby gets home.) Bebe is a 19lb neutered siamese lilac point mix that is all muscle and about as easy to hold as snoot when he doesn't want to be held...Help!

Mel & Muse

2. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Yes, you can crush it. It tastes terrible though so it's still going to be difficult to get it in, unfortunately. I have never had any luck hiding it in food, either. There is an injection for tapeworm, and a spot-on product (called Pro-Fender? maybe?) if this doesn't work for you.

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Thanks maybe I can hide it tuna juice...But definitely looking into some other remedy as we do this dance all the time because I can't convince thim that cat food tastes just as good as bats. Injection would be a last resort but will have to look into the spot on I might be able to sneak that one in on him...its how we get the Adantage on him for fleas. Daddy scratches under the chin while Mommy pretends to admire his collar so far he hasn't caught on..lol

Mel And Muse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.