Apr 3 Felix AMPS=185, +2=117, +3=134, +5=189, PMPS=341 tummy ache

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

last post March 30

Felix hasn't been keeping his food down today.:( He was gacking at +10 this morning, which I thought was from empty tummy and gave him a small amount of watered-down canned food with slippery elm bark in it, which he had part of but lost it shortly thereafter. He's been interested in food, and eats small amounts, but has vomited later. I haven't seen any blood in it, which has been a concern in the past when he heaves several times.

Last night, he was unusually hungry beyond bedtime. I kept testing him, but he didn't plummet. Maybe today has been indigestion from eating more than usual last night?

I'm surprised, but kind of relieved, that his BG has been coming up this afternoon; it would be scary if he was going low and couldn't keep food down.

He acts all right, purring and affectionate. The nausea seems to come up on him suddenly and then subside after he gacks.

On a nonvomit note, we've been having the most beautiful snowfall today, thick and slow-falling.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Felix's tummy is upset. I hope it's just a 24 hour thing and he will feel better tomorrow and be able to eat.

I'm so jealous of your snow.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Felix shakes his stomach issue quickly, always so hard seeing our kitties not feeling well :bighug:

4. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Felix seems to be doing better tonight. He went on to have issues at both ends this afternoon, but he nibbled a little a few times and kept it down, and just now he was happy to have a light supper.

It is hard to see them not feeling well--and not know if it could turn serious fast: Livers, and hypos, and DKAs, oh my!
    upload_2018-4-3_22-47-18.jpeg

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Chief Felix, I hope you're feelin' better this morning. Those 24-hour things are unpleasant! Take it easy today so that you'll be in tip top shape for Rufus' OTJ party tomorrow.
    ~ Chef Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.