Are there any tricks to cat food couponing?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by StokLor, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StokLor

StokLor Member

I feel like I run through so much canned food, so I'm trying to find a way to save some money in this department. We feed Friskies and FF, are there any tricks to getting coupons for these brands and matching them up with sales or something. Wet food is way more expensive than the dry crap I was feeding. It's worth it to keep his blood sugar low, but I'd love to save some money if possible!

To update you guys on my kitty's progress...he's been doing great on the <5% carb foods. He's been consistently under 100 when I've spot-checked him. I haven't update his spreadsheet in quite awhile, but his numbers have looked great!! His neuropathy is improving too, thankfully! We never went back for a B12 shot because I started seeing gradual improvement once his levels were consistently lower! I'm so happy that I found this place and learned how to best manage all of this!

2. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

What country are you iN? I regularly check Walmart and petsmart online for deals, and if they don't have any then I try pet valu (Canada) and I buy a ton when it's under 60c a can for fancy feast.

3. StokLor

StokLor Member

I'm in the US! I try to watch for sales, but maybe I'm missing them because they don't come up very often.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If you purchase the large Friskies cans, then portion out and freeze meals, the 13 oz cans are running $0.78 to $0.84 at the WalMarts around Columbus, OH.

5. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

6. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

I get $1 off per case of FF coupons in lots of 20 off Ebay for $1.50 or so and use them at Petsmart.....

7. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

there hasn't been any decent friskies coupons in quite a while. as a matter of fact i think i'll contact them and ask them why. often when you do that, go to the company websites and click "contact us" and ask them a question, they'll send you an email with an answer and let you know they're mailing you some coupons. it's never much but it's something.

fancy feast has had more coupons out the last few months than friskies has, except for the the newer friskies items, i.e. rise & shine and the plus versions i think it is. fwiw, i've bought some of both and neither one has seemed to be high carb. on the plus version (purple cans) i just picked a pate one without gravy.....i want to say it was something like chicken casserole but can't swear by that. and the rise & shine ones i bought 6 of here while back with a coupon and Mousie dropped low on me here a week or so ago and i decided to see if it was high enough carb to kick her up but it didn't do a thing for her, thus my assumption it is not high carb food. i know i'm real scientific :lol:

and when they do put out coupons, i do like Gail, buy a bunch off ebay and then stock up on food.

fwiw, my Walmart has the 13 oz cans for around $0.95/can or a 12 pack of them for I think $11.42. there's only 2 flavors in the 12 pack though kitty can become bored if you buy just that sometimes :smile:

by the way, there's supposed to be a coupon in this weekends sunday coupons for "get 2 cans free of fancy feast with the purchase of a 20lb tidy cats litter"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.