Are these our new 'normal' numbers?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JennC & Diago, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennC & Diago

JennC & Diago Member

I'm not sure what to make of Diago's numbers. I'm wondering if these are his new 'normal' numbers. Long story short, he went to the vet mid-Nov for bladder infection (peeing blood), vet gave Covenia and Azimycin injection. The Aximycin injection caused his BGs to raise into the 300's. It's now been two weeks since those injections but his BGs are still in the 100's instead of the pretty greens. I recently went back to the vet and got baytril and yesterday was day 4. He is trending downward and maybe I haven't given him enough time. Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kHHtnSW5CYug6orP_uEuw5faqEouShCJlv6uYbVoAhM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Reason for edit: Added spreadsheet link
  2. Tina and Boozle

Tina and Boozle Member

We've always had wonky numbers when fighting infections. It looks like you are trending down, similar to before you made it in the greens initially. Infections can set off BG issues and BG issues can set off infections. The best I could do is guess. I wish I could give you a solid answer, because I know that would make things easier. My feeling is you'll need to wait and see what happens, though.

JennC & Diago likes this.
  3. JennC & Diago

JennC & Diago Member

I'm wondering if I should wait and see through the end of his Baytril meds? Yesterday's 173 is what made me wonder if his pancreas isn't working as it should through the day, since it came up from 155 the day before. I'm sure today, he'll prove me wrong and we'll get a lower PM number. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.