? Are these treats acceptable for a hypo incident?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by katiesmom, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

They look like they're very high carb, but also look dry....the problem with using kibble (or dry treats) is that they take longer to break down and get into the bloodstream....and when you're in a hypo situation, you want to get them up quickly

I'd probably just stick to adding a few drops of honey/karo/syrup to a little of her raw diet in that instance

Will she not even eat the "gravy" part off of a "Gravy Lovers" food? Most cats can't resist it, even if they don't generally like "canned" foods

3. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

I have never given her any food with gravy. She never liked canned and has been on raw for 9 years. The last time she ate something other than raw ( I even give raw chicken breast as treats), which was a few years ago, she just threw it up. What foods do you recommend that are irresistible?
    And BTW, thank you so much for replying to my posts and all your help.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I have found the Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers seem to be pretty irresistible to most cats here, but if they're sensitive to gluten, that can cause problems

Usually, if we're using it to bring the numbers up, we pop the top, put it back down and "squeeze" the gravy part into another bowl and just give a teaspoon or two at a time so it's not very much....but the majority of the carbs are in the gravy so it usually is enough to bring them back up into a safe number

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.