? AT 2 Tested at 100/110 Okay to feed?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by FranklinsMom, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Hey everyone. Franklin tested at 100. I had poked myself (no blood) but just in case used a different lancet to test again. He got a 110.

Okay to feed him but I think I hold off in insulin? Is that right? I am dog sitting around the corner so my laptop is here--raced back here to post. Gonna get my password info now for my phone! Sent a text to the vet. So my complete food log is back home but the lower numbers started when I started feeding Fancy Feast Classic and now dry food.

His numbers using AT 2:

8/16 AMPS 444 PMPS 455
    8/17 AMPS 401 PMPS 448
    8/18 AMPS 418 PMPS 207
    8/19 AMPS 301 PMPS 332
    8/20 AMPS 227 PMPS 235
    8/21 AMPS 110

He and his sister anxiously await news on their breakfast plans. Gonna go read about others who have posted similar posts.

Thanks!

2. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

I read in one post to stall feeding and test again? I have one problem. Remember--I am a newbie.

The strips I bought last week that were suppose to arrive on Saturday but got lost in the post office's efficient manner of handling packages---this is the latest update:

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The Postal Service has identified a problem with the processing of this item at 4:27 am on August 20, 2017 in YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER. The local facility has been alerted and is taking steps to correct the problem.
    I will be calling them as soon as they open but because I tested twice this morning to be sure that Franklin was at 100/110, I have only one strip left....

3. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Considering you don't have any strips, I'd just skip the AM shot ....call it a furshot and get back on track tonight

That's another reason most of us use the Relion meters from WalMart...strips are available 24/7

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  5. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Okay but it is okay to feed him, right?

Thanks.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Yes, once you've decided that you're not going to shoot, go ahead and feed

7. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Okay, thanks!

8. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

there is 3 unit listed in the dose column of your SS.
    Did you shoot?
    I thought -per above you were going to skip...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Reason for edit: typo
  9. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

I did not shoot. Will go remove that right now.

Post Office tracking system went down earlier so no word on my package.

Gave him half a can of Fancy Feast at 2:26. At 2:52 he threw it back up.

Vet is in surgery. Will call when she gets out.

Neighbor has Freestyle but not Freestyle lite strips. They won't work, will they?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  10. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Here is the plan from the vet since we don't know when my AT2 strips will arrive but will probably be here tomorrow.

No insulin until I get the strips and can test Franklin. Once we have him back on insulin for a few days I'll do a curve.

She said not to buy the Freestyle Lite strips from the CL guy. It's going to be about an hour of driving--30 minutes to him and 30 minutes back, in rush hour traffic. Should I go ahead and get them? I can't leave for about an hour or so anyways because I have to take care of dinner and insulin for the dogs I am sitting.

Are we not supposed to tell the vets we are using Freestyle Lite strips? ;)

Thanks everyone and thanks @Tanya and Ducia for noticing the dose on my spreadsheet. I had pre-filled it with what I was dosing him and I won't do that again. I had assumed everything would keep going well like it had been...now I know!

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  11. Chris & China (GA)

My bigger concern is the fact they're out of date....there are chemicals in the strips that react with the blood that give the number and if they're degraded, you'll get useless numbers

I also think that although they look the same, they're not for the AT and although a lot of people use them in their AT, I think the correct strips should be used in any meter (JMO)

As for telling the vet, I think most won't tell them because of the same reason I just stated....if you're going to use a human strips, you might as well use a human meter/strips

12. FranklinsMom

FranklinsMom Member

Thanks. The other strips were out of date. Forgot to mention that these strips expire 9/18. Different CL guy.

Sorry. I'm really tired. I'm walking back and forth between the house where I am dog sitting (with one diabetic dog also on a 12-hour insulin schedule) and my house. I've learned even if I give them the opportunity to go outside before we go to bed, dogs will wake you up in the middle of the night if they need to go outside. And last night I got hardly any sleep. Had a bad dream about my cat. As long as the eclipse traffic is not too bad, the dog owners get home tonight and I'll be down to caring for the two indoor cats and one garage cat. Whew!

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.