At long last! Hello!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by HWright, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

First, even though I've been a silent but very appreciative participant in fdmb (and not posting until now, partly because of my own technology frustrations and difficulties trying to set up the suggested spreadsheet) and a somewhat participant in the FB group, I can't say enough about how amazing these groups are. I learn something new each day. Thank you all.

By way of introduction, our Sootie is 16 years old and was diagnosed diabetic in October 2015. We are a multi-cat household presently a complement of six, mostly seniors (the eldest being near 24 years old).

Had I known about the tight regulation method when Sootie was first diagnosed, I would have preferred to start with that protocol (especially the low and slow re injections).

Sootie's bg at diagnosis was 576. She is now in low 100's and my vet agrees that the steadiness of her recent lower numbers (morning and evening) might be an indication that she's holding her own with little or no need for insulin injections. She has been on Lantus since diagnosis.

I'll be posting on the Lantus page. That'd be the Lantus/levimir thread? Suggestions about additional threads?
    Also, need and appreciate some help in setting up spreadsheet? Thanks, all!

Attached Files:

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. What a beautiful cat Sootie is! I needed help setting up the SS too, @Marje and Gracie is the SS guru and can help you with that. For any questions you have you can post on the Main Health Forum or go and introduce yourself on the Lantus Levemir (L&L) forum.

HWright likes this.
  3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'd be happy to help with the SS or do it for you. If you would like me to, please send me a private message by clicking on "Marje and Gracie" to the left and then "start a conversation".

Welcome to FDMB!

HWright likes this.
  4. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.