Atlas Update--Our vet visit

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth & Atlas, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Well the visit with the vet went pretty good.

Everyone seems very well satisfied with Atlas' progress and the level of his home care.

He even finally got those crazy mats trimmed away. His skin was no longer to fragile. ;-)

As far as his BG chart and numbers go....

We're starting over now that we've cleared the 72 hour mark for rebound. He said to go ahead and take Atlas back up to 3u tonight. The Dr. thought I was a bit anal retentive about testing, but he felt that was good, as Atlas had moved into a home environment. They were all surprised by how much his coat had changed, was softer, well oiled etc. Even his eyes were crystal clear today!

There were even a few teary eyed volunteers who stepped in to give Atlas a scratch behind the ears.

The vet even talked about the potential for an eventual "honeymoon." Shhh....

Atlas has been cleared as well to begin mingling with my civvies. Some of those spots I thought were unhealing soars....are actually freckles.

They are going to try and get a grant for the Angel Fund for Atlas and his ongoing care.

2. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

thanks for the update . happy to hear he is making progress.
    I hope he gets the funding.

as for the vets comment on your testing....... I say you're doing great :D
    I like tests !! many many tests :mrgreen:

hope Atlas continues to heal and bloom.

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am happy to see him healing. Your heart is so big.

(I fixed the link in your signature line.)

Venita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.