Audrey IS NOT at risk of PTS; still needs a home

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Previous post about Audrey, with 911 removed.

My apologies to everyone for the recent agitation about Audrey. I was informed on DCIN's Facebook page by someone I thought was reliable and knowledgeable that Audrey had a PTS date this coming Monday. I communicated that information here and on Audrey's DCIN blog page.

I spoke last week to the vet who originally brought Audrey to DCIN's attention (Dr. Deb), and she said nothing to dissuade me from the understanding that Audrey was at risk. Dr. Deb will no longer be with the Weymouth Landing Cat Clinic, where Audrey is living, after this weekend.

Yesterday, I heard through the DCIN Facebook page from another vet at the same clinic (Dr. Sarah) posting:

I just spoke with Dr. Sarah. She assured me that Audrey is not at risk and is being well cared for at the clinic. In my notes I wrote, for example,

Deb, who had stepped forward to consider fostering/adopting Audrey, decided Audrey would not be the best fit for her animals--cats and dogs. I want to thank Deb for considering Audrey.

With all that said, Audrey is available for adoption, and she does need her own home, but there is no risk of euthanasia at this time.

2. Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur

Jana+BK+Chester(GA)+Wilbur Member

That is great news about Audrey...but really disappointing that you received such bad information from Dr. Deb. Probably a good thing she isn't at that clinic anymore!

3. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Great news... I hope her home finds her very soon.

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Great news, and I also hope she finds her furever home soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.