Aug 17 Felix AMPS(AMBG)=109, +2(+14)=157, +5(+17) =394, PMPS=384; Aha, no wonder

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

prior thread Aug 15

So happy to see that nice AMPS! Felix had recently scurried down the dosing ladder from 3u to 1.5u, but this past week he has seemed to regret his hastiness, and his increase back up to 1.75u didn't seem to be making a dent--until today.

Last night I tried a new pen, because I'd dropped the other on Aug. 9, and he seemed to loose his oomph a couple days later. I'm not convinced that that was the problem and intend to retry that pen once it looks like we're on track again. It's about half full, so I hope it's still good.

He's cheerful today. I'm rubbing his tummy right now.:cat::kiss:

Bellasmom and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Tummy rubs are so good!

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

:cool::cool::cool: I'm surprised he lets you rub his tummy. None of my cats will let me touch their tummies.

4. Susan&Felix(GA)

I had a kitty for many years who was obsessed with tummy rubs, and it was so fun. After she died in February 2017, I noticed that Felix was into tummy rubs--it seemed like she had bequeathed that quality to him. Or more like she bequeathed it to me, knowing how I was going to miss tummy time so terribly. Although the other cats aren't especially into it, we are surprised that none of them are especially tummy-shy; kind of goes against the odds.

+2=157. Hmm, wrong way.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. Susan&Felix(GA)

:arghh: Right after giving Felix his PM shot, I found his AM syringe with the full dose still in it! I'd had the syringe with me when I tested him in the morning, but I guess I got distracted by his test. At least it explains that crazy-fast "bounce" this afternoon. What a waste of that fine AMPS--although I guess if he'd started with high pink AMPS, the results could've been worse? Sigh.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Felix will get back on track. I once found a full syringe the next day and didn't know if I'd missed the AM or PM shot from the day before.

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh, Susan, you are not the first to load a syringe and forget to give the shot. No worries, he'll get back on track and it's nice to know the reason for his jump.

I really don't think dropping the pen would do any thing to the efficacy of it. They are designed for humans to carry them around in their purse/brief case and can take abuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.