? Aug 31 garfie pmps 302 +1 358

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca.garfie, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Condo:http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/garfie-aug-30-pmps-410-2-399-dose-question.201856/

I don't understand why reds all of a sudden should his numbers not be going down I increased a week ago from .25 to .50. Are the reds because of increase?? Should I wait for a bit longer and see if it drops or stick to protocol and increase to .75?
    Head tells me 1 thing and gut tells me a different thing.
    I don't want to rush but don't want him to keep getting reds
    Should I use new insulin pen just in case this one has been in use since July 19th.
    I just don't understand
    Any advice greatly appreciated

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I'm sure your pen is fine. We all seem to blame the pens first. I'm currently using a vial I started July 7th. I would love to blame, but truth is Olive's number drop during the day.

Should you try a new pen, hang on to the old one, you don't want to waste it. You could use old pen in AM and new pen for PM until it's used . I've done that just in case old pen lost some potency but it wasn't the pen, it's just the wacky glucose of the kitty.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

I would give him an increase of .25 tonight and the pend should be fine...........does the insulin look cloudy? I use my pens for 5-6 weeks and my dose is much higher then yours. There's lots of insulin there and unless it went cloudy - use it. You are putting it in the fridge on the shelf, right? Garfie is a big cat and since he's now in a routine with his dosing being consistent he's getting used to is and his depot is working. BTW - you always stick to the protocol unless there are decreases earned or something else is wrong. I jut think Garfie needs more juice!

Sorry, didn't see your post this am as was dealing with Davidson's issues

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Some get 6 months out of their pen so that's likely not the issue. Whether you are following TR or SLGS an increase is needed. If you can add which your following in your signature that would be helpful.