august get together for 2012 date set

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dian and wheezer, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

OK, once again we are having the annual PGH PA August get together. will be August 11TH, saturday. we have 2 spare rooms and a large dorm style place for sleep overs.
    can come days before and stay for days after. have had quite a few do that and we had a blast.
    Please come one and all.
    still waiting for any OHIO folks to show up. got people as far as california and texas and as far south as maryland but just cannot get the next door neighbors to come.
    this is a pot luck
    think about it and plan what needs planned and I really do hope you all come. we had a blast last year
    thanks everyone

will bump up every now and then. I know it is early but some need the time to plan

2. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Um.... sounds kinda interesting & fun!

Location? Kitties welcome?

3. dian and wheezer

oh crap, I forget to put that in all the time. will correct original but it is in
    PGH PA

4. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

5. ohiogal

ohiogal Member

I'm guessing that's "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania"? For those of us not so good with abrvtns? :D

So what's this shindig all about? I happen to live in Ohio... :D :D

6. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep its Pittsburgh!! Its all about fun and food! And hanging out with other FD beans, and Dians full house of cats, and other kittehz that come to visit! There are gatherings all over the country but this ones been going on for a few years now. I was only able to go last year first time cuz I am the California person mentioned.. but I am saving my pennies to go this year.

Some pics from last year...
    http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa296/4catsmom/2011DiansPittsburghFDMBGathering/
    secret word is
    catsoncoffee

7. dian and wheezer

Thanks Lisa. and I sure hope you can make it this year. we did have fun, eh?
    yep, cats welcome. we try and have some cages and out side stuff and extra rooms to have cats in. deb brings her spot and dyana brings her 2 cats. if ya stay late or over we do a little fire in the evening and sit out there and BS and smores and dyana, boozed up cherries.
    have a large room where stay overs do like in camping. floor with sleeping bags or blow up mattresses or whatever
    please try and come. each year has gotten bigger and more fun. last year was the largest we have had. i believe I started this in 05 or 06. 4 people originally

8. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

The photos looked like "yuns" had a great time. Only been to Pittsburgh once, for a wedding, and stayed at my cousin's house; he insisted on "gifting" me with a Penguins hat (they had one the Stanley cup that year; I used to have flyers season tickets).

Sounds like a good time, but I saved my vacation time and $ to come back to PA for Christmas. I am originally from Philadelphia, in case "yous guys" - which I never say by the way - didn't figure that out. I am hoping to meet up with V & Ennis when I am home, since my dad lives in Chester county, which is close to the boarder with DE.

bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.