Autumn is home!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra & CB (GA) & Gang, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

Thank you so much for all of your healing thoughts and prayers, my little Autumn came home this afternoon! I'm sorry I was unable to update you on her condition, my vet was very very busy today and had a hard time making it to the phone to tell me how she was doing.

Dr. K decided to put Autumn on iv fluids yesterday evening, but because she's pretty small she couldn't thread a catheter into Autumn's tiny little veins, so instead they just gave her several rounds of sub-q fluids. She didn't eat much yesterday, and hardly drank anything at all, so that explains why she was getting dehydrated. She remained hospitalized overnight for observation.

This morning, however, she is like a new kitten! Her temp stayed in the 99F range all day today, she has eaten and drank well today, and both Dr. K and Dr. J carried her around a lot today. Autumn got to see a LOT of their clinic, plus she played with both drs and purred up a storm for them. The only thing is....Autumn has lost her voice! She opens her mouth to meow, but absolutely nothing comes out! So, she must have had a terribly sore throat, explaining why she wouldn't eat or drink.

First thing she did when I got her home was she went straight to the food and ate, then she wanted a sip from her mom. They're not 100% weaned yet, although they can do without mom at this point. My vet is in the process of trying to work with friendsofanimals.org to provide low cost spays/neuters, and as soon as this organization gives them the go ahead momma kitty will be spayed. Until then she is housed securely on my porch (walls, not screened in) so that she won't become pregnant again.

Anyway, Dr. K wants me to keep a close eye on the three kittens, and if any of them go off their food or run a fever I'm to call her right away. Thankfully she runs a 24 hour emergency clinic and can be reached at all times day and night.

They're all on doxy for whatever this bug is that got Autumn so sick, plus terramycin eye ointment. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the worst is now past us and these three little ones can get busy becoming three big ones!

Thanks again!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Continued prayers...You are an angel to help these little ones and mama too. Glad to read Autumn is doing better.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Thank goodness!!

4. Tim & Chris

Tim & Chris Member

So glad Autumn is doing better. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.