Baby OTJ Driking/BG Questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Baby is nearly 4 months of the juice :mrgreen: we are blessed for sure.
    This week though.. she has jumped up on the bathroom counter for me to turn the faucet on, I do & she just takes a few laps of water... I am concerned because she has not done this since December (when diagnosed).
    I did test her twice this week, one night her BG was 40, yesterday it was 48. Obviously not #s to worry about, but is this normal?

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole,

Looks like you are getting beautiful numbers with Baby. And it sounds like her old behaviors are coming back - not a cause for concern that I see. BTW We all are watchful and concerned for any changes in our post diabetic cats - no cure for being a sugar mom or dad. :razz:

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole
    Max did the same thing to me a few weeks ago and I went running for the meter too. :D
    His numbers were fine, I guess he felt like picking up his old habit too.
    Baby's numbers are terrific, not surprised on that.

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Cats have their rituals, which they change constantly to confuse us mere beans. ohmygod_smile

Good to see you again, Tess and I are still waltzing away!

5. Nicole & Baby

Ahhhh, friendly voices, faces, kitties & beans chiming in!! Thank you furbaby friends!! :mrgreen:
    I can breathe now!! Lil momma loves (like all kitties.. how correct you are Ann.. to change it up on us!!))
    Will continue counting my blessings & watch her like a hawk.. nothing new dancing_cat
    Maybe Max, Baby & Tess need to go drinking together.. niptinis not water!!!
    Sue... you can SURE say that again... no cures for sugar moms or dads!!

6. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Malachi has recently started doing this. There is water in the bowl at all times, of course, but no...he wants it from the tap. LOL. And yes, even though he's not an FD, I checked his numbers...perfectly fine and normal, so...it's just Mal being Mal.

As long as the numbers stay within range, I think Baby is just doing what Baby does...and that's worry Mamabean. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

7. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Hi, I certainly do not want to worry you... but keep an eye on baby's weight. Sweety was the same way...and it turned out to be hyperthyroidism.

8. Nicole & Baby

She does feel lighter... you are not worrying me.. please TELL me..
    What is the treatment?

9. Nicole & Baby

I am educating myself thru Google.. bottom line.. can I treat her? I am going to go look at her last Lab Results..

10. Nicole & Baby

Looked at her Lab Report (latest) nailbite_smile
    Well within normal range.. :mrgreen: I understand things can happen minute by minute.. but am thankful for right here right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.