Back after a LONG break from FD

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie & Smokey, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie & Smokey

Julie & Smokey New Member

Hi all, It’s been about 10 years since I have had my diabetic kitty Smokey. Tonight I am panicking that my 5 year old toothless stomatitis kitty could be one as well. He has been drinking like crazy the last few days. That is not like him. His fur is also kind of flaky and dry which is also not normal. I have 10 special needs cats and the last thing I need it another FD kitty. I got out an old meter and it doesn’t work of course. I am flat broke until after the holidays so I can’t even take him and get him checked. Ugh...please say a prayer that he is not a sugar kitty. I need to try and get him a meter somehow and test him. I feed FF The low carb wet flavors and Wellness core dry because he doesn’t care for wet food often even though he has no teeth. Everyone else eats an all wet diet.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

As much as he likes the wellness, it's about 18% carb. Either stop the dry (best option) or at least serve a lower carb dry like Dr elsley's clean protein chicken or epigen 90 or young again zero carb.

3. Julie & Smokey

Yikes I tough wellness was lower than 18, ugh. I was using Evo which was 10% but they had several recalls and I couldn’t trust it anymore. I have never seen Dr Elseys or Epigen I will look for them!!

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Julie & Smokey likes this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Evo stopped making dry. You can get the others on chewy. Either company will send a free sample as well

6. Julie & Smokey

Fabulous, thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.