Back on The Juice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KrisQ, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrisQ

KrisQ Member

We're back... I noted that Kallie had been drinking more water the last two weeks, but nothing outrageous, and I decided to wait for her monthly shoot. I checked it last night - 278, ugh. Checked this morning and it was 316, so guess who's back OTJ. Sigh, poor thing. Her last injection was 11/18/18. Gave her 1u PZ, so we will see how this goes.

Hoping that she can be jolted into remission again, but I'm not holding my breath.

2. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Hold out hope, especially since she is so young.

Our first diabetic, Brady, had developed diabetes in 2009 at the age of 12, likely due to steroid injections for chronic skin issues. With home testing and PZI, we were able to get him into remission after about 4 months. Between 2009 and his death in 2014 (unrelated to diabetes), Brady would need to go back on a tiny dose of PZI for about 3 weeks every 6 months or so. So he was in and out of remission many times. I could tell just by the size of his urine clumps when I needed to test him, in addition to a standard test every Saturday morning, so I think it helped that I basically always caught it within a week of it kicking back in.

Good luck!

3. KrisQ

KrisQ Member

Thanks Sandi! Hopefully she just needs a bit of help once in awhile, fingers are crossed. Down to 199 when I checked it after 10 hours, so I didn't give another shot. Taking it slow and observing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.