Back on Track

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joanne&TinySole, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

I had to go out of town on 8/10 and then was delayed returning one day due to bad weather/flight delays.

I began to give Tiny 1.25 units of insulin on 8/9 and had the pet sitter do the same, however she was inconsistent with dosing, due to misunderstanding my directions, but I am BACK ON TRACK and will consistently test her BG and dose her consistently with 1.25 units of Lantus /12 hours.

I work 9 hour days, sometimes 10, so may not be able to test as frequently as is recommended during the day, however I will read as much information that I can find and do my best to get her BGs down and consistent - with as little knowledge that I have, I'm beginning to understand that consistent BG numbers are key.

I'm not going to lie...I'm terrified to get her low into the green numbers. My stress and anxiety levels are already at an all-time high due to work and Tiny, but I will do what I need to do. Please be patient with me as I continue to learn how best to manage Tiny's diabetes and learn the ropes.

Thanks, Joanne

LizzieInTexas and LuAnn like this.
  2. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

You may find helpful tips here
    :cool:

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

We all do the best we can. You will find a routine that works. And when you do, Tiny will change it up. These kitties strive to keep us beans on our toes.

You will figure it out.

4. Joanne&TinySole

Thanks for the encouragement! I'll keep testing and updating the spreadsheet and anyone that sees this thread can chime in whenever they want.

Gratefully, Joanne + Tiny

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Joanne, don't feel alone! :joyful:I know how frightening this whole thing can be - the first time Luci went into the greens I thought I was going to have a heart attack!:eek::eek: My hands were shaking and I KNEW I had to test her more...I posted to this group - mustered up my courage and tested, tested, tested...feeding her High Carb foods until she was back into the blues...and then some...I was terrified...so try to think of it as 'healing time':D It's really the ultimate goal here - to get your kittieh into those precious greens - the lagoon - but then to try to keep her away from those lime greens - the sharks - it's quite a tightrope walk when you've got a diver like my Luci - for whatever reason once she starts down that path she flies! :eek: I could hardly hold her back...but as time passed, she seemed to slow down a bit on the dives...and I'm hoping as she gets more and more used to being in the lagoon she'll stop those eratic dives and will relax in the higher greens - like 50-100...but she's kinda stubborn and does what she wants when she wants...:arghh:and waits for me to feed her...so I just go along with what she wants to do...and change her dosage according to the protocol I'm following - and with the advice/approval of the experts here...I'm still having a hard time after all these months of figuring when to give Luci an increase - decreases are a bit easier - if she drops below 50 three days...then she gets a decrease...the other one is trickier...but I keep trying to learn about her - remember you'll see this a lot here - ECID - every cat is different...so you Tiny may respond in a different way - like some lovelies here - they go to blues and then gradually drop into some nice high greens and just float along there...so nice...not Luci... ;)

Hang in there...you can do this!:bighug::bighug:

6. Joanne&TinySole

Your sharing your own experience was so helpful, Sue! So, the ultimate goal is to keep our fur kids in the higher greens; good to know. I'll keep reading and doing and testing and learning.

Gratefully, Joanne

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.