Back up meter

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by krazy4kritters, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

It's suggested to have a backup meter for your hypo kit. Should it be the exact same one you currently use? I use a Relion micro. The test strips for that one work on a few other Relion meters.
    As I'm typing the question, I realize this must sound like a ridiculous question. Of course you should get the same meter, right?

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I have two two Easy Glucose Plus meters, one as backup) and one iHealth meter. The iHealth meter is bluetooth and send data to my phone.
    I moth or so ago one of my Easy Glucose meter hd problems with turning off when jostled and trouble turning on with strip inserted. The former problem ends up ruining a strip since it would turn off before displaying result. I called the manufacturer and they sent a new meter.

krazy4kritters likes this.
  3. Smokey and Jessica

Smokey and Jessica Member

I would think as long as you always have strips for whichever you choose then it doesn’t matter if it’s the same. I use alphatrak but have a human meter for backup.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

My backup meter is the same as my regular. I always keep a fresh pack of test strips with it. When I run out of the strips I’m using I grab the ones from the backup kit and buy a new pack to replace them. Rotating them ensures they will be fresh if I have an emergency and need them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.