Bam AMPS 84 - need some advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill A, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill A

Jill A Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-amps-113-3-323-5-397-7-464.192078/#post-2143807
    Bam's AMPS was 84. Stalled for half an hour and tested again and he was 94. We did not give insulin. I will not be around as much today so I won't be able to test every 2 hours like I did yesterday. Do I change his dose to .25 tonight? I am just concerned because he had some high numbers during the day yesterday. He's been eating well, and we've been giving him 4 small meals throughout the day. Why are his numbers so low in the morning? Thanks.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Nice surprise this morning and good job stalling. Also a good call on not shooting since you can't monitor. Yes, he earned a reduction to .25u. On SLGS anytime they go below 90 they earn a reduction. Typically the higher doses (in this case .75u) can influence up to 4-6 cycles but since he's had 2 skipped shots I don't think that's a factor.

Just a note, when you skip a shot there's no need to test every 2 hours as long as you make sure they are in safe numbers....it's called save a strip day ;) Also try to get 1 before bed test. The +2 is good indicator of how active the cycle might be.

Good luck with the reduction!

Jill A likes this.
  3. Jill A

Jill A Member

Thank you. I did all those tests yesterday just because I was home and I wanted to see how the absence of the morning shot would affect him. Definitely could have saved a ton of strips! Now I know better. I will reduce to .25 tonight. We'll try for that before bedtime shot as well. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.