? Bayer Contour Next - Sipping Action

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marc & Jen, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc & Jen

Marc & Jen Member

Hello,

We are a about a month into treating our cats feline diabetes and are deciding to start self testing so that we can have better control and more information about our cats health. I saw from the recommendation PDF that the Bayer Contour next is high up on the list. It is reasonably priced and test strips are relatively inexpensive. However, I can not find any information on whether these strips have recommended "sipping" action. Does anyone know if these strips have the recommended "sipping" action? Are they easy to use for first timers? Thanks!

2. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

I use the Contour NEXT EZ which is a similar meter. I forget what the differences are. The same strips work in all these Contour NEXT meters. The strips sip just fine. I'm perfectly happy with this as a basic, no-frills meter, but I have no experience of any of the other choices.

There are some meters where the strips are less expensive, and you'll be surprised at how quickly you go through strips. You are generally locked into the manufacturer's strips. One of the mail order houses for diabetes supplies has the Contour NEXT strips for $50 per hundred. I can poke around on Amazon and usually get this down to about $20. Many people here use some version of the ReliOn meter that Walmart sells, and its strips are pretty inexpensive.

3. Lane

Lane New Member

I use the Cotour next and am very new at all this. I have no problem with the strips and it takes a small amount of blood. Cost of strips is about 15.00 for 35 at Walmart. Hope this helps you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.