Bear 3-7/AMPS 359/+5 502/+11 400/PMPS 342/+2 197/+4 104/Optimistic

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bear & Lora, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Previous Day

Bear has kept all he has eaten on board. His quantity of food is still small in comparison to his norm but he has made some strides forward.

I realized a few things this morning with help, one was that Bear is dealing with two issues in conjunction with his vomiting, he has always had excess stomach acid which means keeping food on his stomach every 4 to 6 hours and bonus nausea from suspected pancreatitis.

The other thing I thought of in hindsight is that I have been continuing the practice of adding water to his food which is making his food much heavier by volume and reducing the amount of calories and carbs he is ingesting because his appetite is reduced and he is consuming less food.

I omitted the extra water from his meals today since he is receiving Sub-Q fluids and generously sprinkled freeze dried chicken crumbles which is working well for Bear.
    I am also keeping ahead of the nausea by slightly overlapping doses so as one dose starts to wane a new dose is taking effect.

I have had three naps today for a total of 6 hours! I feel like a human being again instead of a limp noodle and I am tackling this situation with renewed energy and optimism.

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You’ve been doing a great job. I’m so glad he’s had a respite from vomiting and you got some naps in. I’m sure you are past exhausted.

Sending tons of vines for Bear. I hope you’ll get in some solid rest while his numbers are higher.

3. Bear & Lora

Thank you!
    It looks like Bear cleared his bounce and I am in hopes this cycle won't be quite as active as his other PM cycles.:rolleyes:
    My DH/Weekend Warrior will help take care of Bear this weekend and let me sleep in a bit.
    I am really looking forward to the weekend with enthusiasm! :D

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  4. Bear & Lora

Bear please slow down.

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

So happy to read he is doing better :bighug::bighug:.

Sending continued improvement vibes and prayers :cat:.

Bear & Lora likes this.