Bella’s BG journey part 6

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bellasmom, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

PRECIOUS CHILD!!! :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    krazy4kritters and Bellasmom like this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

That is awesome, so glad he is better, my hubby isn’t thrilled sometimes but mostly a trooper, he knows my cats come first always so he can just like whatever we need to do and NOT, he hasn’t always liked cats but he loves mine, lol and he knows if I was ever given a choice I’d pick them every time, lol when I tell people that they look at me like seriously I say yes, hubbys are replaceable lol
    It’s good that you have him do it himself, I would have a hard time doing it but they have to learn with disabilities like people do I’m sure

krazy4kritters and Magic Johnson like this.
  3. Bellasmom

Kris, you think we should keep it at .75 tonight, kinda high this afternoon

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

As I always say if an increase is going to happen - make sure to get a +2 test this evening to see what might happen. Yes, you could try 1 u tonight. The move to Lantus is exciting! :) Keep studying those yellow Lantus stickies. It might be a good idea to print them out and put them in a binder. There's also one on doing TR when you work full time that gives tips on how to manage that.

5. Bellasmom

I already have them printed and I have to get a binder, yes can’t wait to get lantus, if it comes before evening shot can I give it to him tomorrow pm

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

You could. I'd plan to start testing at +2 tomorrow night and be ready to keep going. Some cats can have a big reaction to a new insulin. The suggested dose of 0.5 u is low though so it should be OK. I always prefer to start new things in the AM on a day when I can monitor: new dose, new vial of insulin, etc.

You probably won't see the true effect of the dose for a few cycles because of that depot. A part of every dose goes to filling it so it can act as a sort of time release thing. The smaller the dose the smaller the depot and vice versa. The depot for a 0.5 u dose should fill fairly quickly.

Bellasmom and Nan & Amber (GA) like this.
  7. Bellasmom

Then I will wait till sat morning, you are right about me monitoring hi, closely, I’m just super excited about trying something better for him

Magic Johnson and Kris & Teasel like this.
  8. Bellasmom

is it better to use human meter?? Seems when reading it is

9. Kris & Teasel

Yes, it is. It'll be much easier to get dosing advice on the L forum if you use a human meter. The TR dosing guidelines were written with a human meter in mind and most people there think in terms of human meter numbers. Easier way to go all around.

Bellasmom and krazy4kritters like this.
  10. Bellasmom

When I start using lantus I will switch back to human meter then

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. Kris & Teasel

12. Bellasmom

528, i put on ss this am, do u see it

13. Bellasmom

I should test every 2 hrs tomorrow??

14. Kris & Teasel

Yes, it's a good idea because it's a new insulin. You might or might not see an effect but best to be safe. Try the 0.5 u dose.

Magic Johnson and Bellasmom like this.
  15. Bellasmom

I introduced ourselves over on the lantis thread, figured I might as well do it, not leaving you guys though lol

16. Bellasmom

Kris, I got the pen, u said let you know

17. Kris & Teasel

If you take off the pen top you should see the purple end of the cartridge and the little grey rubber seal. That's where you insert the U100 syringe to draw up a dose. You don't push any air into the cartridge as you would a vial. The black plunger gradually moves up the cartridge as you use up the insulin. Store the pen in your fridge on the middle shelf. There's no need to roll the insulin. It's perfectly dissolved as is.

upload_2018-3-23_15-35-43.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.