best canned foods for CRF/diabetics?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kris & Jane (GA), Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris & Jane (GA)

Kris & Jane (GA) Member

I'm cross-referencing the CRF food list http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canned.htm with Janet & Binky's trusty lists -- and it occurs to me that perhaps someone has already done this, so why reinvent the wheel?

Anybody know of such a list, or have you compiled one yourself? ANd when reading those charts, what's the maximum phosphorous content we should feed? Janet's charts provide mg per 100 k/cal, but the other chart seems to give total percentage..... I think......

I would thank you, and Janiebird certainly would, too, in her very Janieful way, if you have any information you can share.

2. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

On janets charts you want to stay around 250, on the katkarma charts around 1% or so. There arent many.. but Merlyn did fine on Wellness with his CRD (but off the juice by then)

3. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I feed Stormy Blue, my diet controlled sugar baby with renal insuffiency the following canned foods: Merrick Cowboy Cookout, Innova Evo Cat & Kitten, and Evo 95% Chicken & Turkey, 95% Beef, Friskies Special diet beef & liver, Friskies SD Beef & Chicken, and Friskies SD Turkey & Giblets.

All are lo-carb and not too high in phosphorous.

~M

4. Kris & Jane (GA)

Kris & Jane (GA) Member

Jane can pretty much only eat turkey, and not all brands. Anything else gives her rampant diarrhea, which we call pooding. EVO's 95% turkey was a disaster, as was Wellness turkey. We are onto five cans of Friskies Special Diet Turkey & GIblets and delighted to hear you recommend that. We'll see what it does to her digestive system and hope for good results!!!

Thanks!!!!!

5. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Kris-

I just read her profile - I CAN'T believe she's 21...that's incredible! What a special girl! Where can I get a cat like that????? :lol:

6. Kris & Jane (GA)

Kris & Jane (GA) Member

Janie's in a snit, with people thinking she's older than she is -- she's ONLY 20. Her 21st birthday will be on Oct. 30, God willing.

Well, you have to go to a kitty shelter in Fargo, N.D., and get one. That's where they come from!

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.